Skip to main content
O I C Outage
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What information will we be able to get from the contractor under an Alliance arrangement that we could not otherwise get?
2. With an Alliance-based contract, would we be dealing with the same contractor team from one project to another?
3. What planning and scheduling techniques can a contractor provide that we cannot provide ourselves?
4. Budgets are tighter each year. How can we afford to pay for more contractor planning services?
5. Will we still be obligated to bid certain jobs/services to avoid “sole-sourcing” complications?
6. Will contractors be available for services or advice during non-outage periods?
7. What would be a typical contract period for such an arrangement? How often would we expect to reopen/renegotiate?
8. Would contractor rates be discounted from conventional project agreement?
9. Are Alliance contractors used so full-time plant jobs can be eliminated?
10. Should OEM’s and independent contractors be considered for Alliance contracts? What qualifies a contractor to be eligible for consideration?
11. Could we end up with more than one Alliance contractor?
12. How would you describe the expected Return on Investment (ROI) with an Alliance-based contractor. Is the ROI direct cost savings, or is it based on the expectation that outage schedules will be reduced, or unit availability increased?
12. How can the Alliance contracting strategy be measured to ensure it is meeting expectations?
13. Is it expected that the Alliance contractor would service multiple facilities? Are different scenarios being considered?
14. Will we be expected to share our maintenance history/records with contractor?
15. Do you have some examples of the kind of documents that are produced from the “Lessons Learned / Knowledge Earned" sessions that you facilitate?
16. What is the usual Outage Planning Timetable that O I C Outage Team recommends?
17. I see where you have an Outage Kick-Off Session as part of the Outage Management Process. Do you have a example of what that might look like?
18. Do you have experience working with capital projects, other than outages?
19. Could I speak with some of the generation companies that the O I C Outage Team has worked with in the past?
20. Will our employee’s roles change? How will we interact with the Alliance contractor?
21. I noticed that in your service offerings you list Mid-Outage Assessment interviews. Do you have examples of interview questions or an example of how those are usually scheduled?
22. Is there an example of a Planning/On-Track meeting agenda?